Boundary Survey and Retracement
Results, Reliability, & Dependability.
A boundary survey is a survey to establish the boundaries of a parcel using its legal description to find and locate existing monumentation. Sometimes monuments are lost and must be replaced. Boundary monuments can be many different natural or man made objects. The monuments marking your property could be in the form of iron rods, pipes, or concrete monuments in the ground, or nails set in concrete or asphalt. In the past, wooden posts, wooden stakes, piled stone corners or other types of natural monuments such as a ridge, creek, or tree have often been used. A map or plat is then drafted from the field data to provide a representation of the parcel surveyed.
- Research tax records, deeds, plats and other items of record at the County Register of Deeds to obtain available record boundary information relative to the subject property and its abutters.
- Field reconnaissance and traverse to find boundary evidence. Apparent boundary line evidence, easements, and encroachments affecting the property will be located.
- Office computations and plotting of physical evidence recovered at the site as well as analysis and comparison of recovered physical evidence with record evidence called for in the items of record (i.e. deeds, etc.)
- Monumentation (marking) of all unmarked and new perimeter corners with capped iron rebar that meet state regulations.
- Planimetrics and Mapping: Show location of visible buildings, utilities, driveways, roads, and bodies of water as necessary, in addition to other features of the subject property.
- Preparation of a survey plat per mandated by Standards of Practice.
We devote all the time you need to talk about the details and priorities of your vital project. We respect budget constraints by concentrating on which specific services you need. Give us a call, whether your project involves remodeling your existing house, building a new house on a property with a steep slope, or simply calculating where you should build your new fence. We frequently help our homeowner clients with these services:
- Topographic Surveys
- Boundary Surveys - Property Corners
- Building Setback
- Legal Descriptions and Easement Exhibits
- Boundary Line Adjustments
- Critical Area Surveys
- FEMA Elevation Certificates
ALTA/ACSM Title Survey